My First Post! An introduction

 About me 

    Hello! My name is Kylee Colbert and I am 22 years old. I have been living in Las Vegas, Nevada for about 2 years now with my mom and boyfriend. Before I moved to Nevada I lived in Fairbanks, Alaska for about 15 years. I was born here in Las Vegas and moved to Fairbanks when I was 5, so I moved back with my mom when I got older because I wanted to know what my birthplace is like. I currently work as a receptionist at a salon by my house, but I am in the middle of job searching for a new and better opportunity and hope to find something more in my field of education. I am working towards a major in psychology and have not yet honed in on a specific career path but I know that I want to stay within my major. 


The Lillies The famous painting


I have always valued art and making time for creativity in our everyday lives but I'm not as in touch with my artistic side as I used to be, so I hope to be able to bring that part of my life back out again. My relationship with art is very beginner in the sense that I have only ever made art rather than studied it, so I cannot say that I have a favorite artist or specific style, but I am always open to learning more about the community. Right now I only draw because I don't have all the essentials for painting or other methods, but I do really enjoy making gifts out of epoxy resin. When resin pouring first became popular on Tiktok I got all the necessities and have made a bunch of pieces for my family and friends since then. I do enjoy going to art museums but I just have not been to many, same with first Fridays. I have taken an introductory class for drawing with materials like charcoal and ink, and that was the first actual art class that I've taken where we were taught drawing methods and specifics. I ended up really enjoying that class and learned so much more than I expected to, so now I can't wait to see what we will be learning and talking about this semester!

Comments

  1. Resin pouring looked interesting to me, too. But I didn't pull the trigger and do it. I liked the live edge wood table tops they were doing with resin fillers. Glad you enjoyed your art class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of resin pouring but have never looked into it before, it looks really cool. It seems to be quite a process to make, is there anything that you might find unenjoyable or arduous in the process?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying to maintain creativity in our daily lives is one of the reasons my wife and I chose to homeschool our kids. We allow them to be as creative as they want to be which we have learned aids them in learning other things. Maintaining creativity is key in everyones life

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art Elements of Blue Monday by Annie Lee